Saturday, February 27, 2016

Gumaca, Quezon - the start of my Quezon - Bicol Escapades with Cam

There was a time when I stopped exploring due to personal problems since I started in December of 2000.  For two years, 2005 – 2007, I would only go to a scheduled trip like company outing, but never a planned trip that I usually do.   In summer of 2007, when everything started going back to normal, I decided to go to Gumaca to visit my best friend Cam, who was residing in this town with his brother.


Most travellers wouldn’t stop here because most of the buses going to Bicol have a stopover in Lucena or Atimonan, and the next stopover would be in Calauag or Tagkawayan.  The major attraction of Gumaca is the Gumaca Cathedral of the Cathedral of San Diego de Alcala, one of the oldest and biggest church in the province of Quezon. (I wasn’t able to get a photo).

Gumaca lies in the middle of Quezon Province along the coastline of Lopez Bay.  We went to a nearby public beach, in which we decided to have a late afternoon talk.  And my trip in Gumaca was the start of our summer getaway in which we focused in Quezon Province and Bicol Region.  As Cam and I where both from this province, Calauag and Lucban. 


For the next posts, it would be our Quezon and Bicol escapades.

No comments:

Post a Comment